Distance Learning in a K-12 setting
Links Related to Standards in Distance Education
- The Council of Regional Accrediting Commissions (C-RAC, 2000).
Statement of the regional accrediting commissions on the evaluation of electronically offered degree and certificate programs
- The Institute for Higher Education Policy (IHEP, 2000).
Quality on the line: Benchmarks for success in Internet-based distance education
- The American Council on Education (ACE, 1997).
Guiding Principles for Distance Learning in Learning Society
- The American Distance Education Consortium (ADEC, n.d.a., n.d.b).
Guiding Principles for Distance Learning and Guiding Principles for Distance Teaching and Learning
- The American Federation of Teachers (AFT, 2000).
Distance education: Guidelines for good practice
- Open and Distance Learning Quality Council (ODLQC, 2001).
Standards in open and distance education
- National Education Association (NEA, 2000).
Quality on the Line
- Western Governor’s University (WGU, 2001).
WGU Distance Learning Standards
- Southern Regional Education Board (SRED,2003).
Principles of Good Practice
Distance Learning Academic Papers
- Academic and Scholarly Search Engines and Sources is a 36 page research paper listing selected resources both new and existing that will help anyone who is attempting to find academic and scholarly information and knowledge available on the Internet.
- Assessing Quality in Distance Learning Programs: A Review of Exemplary Practices in the Midst of Federal Reconciliation, Tamala Wright
- Student Success in an Online Learning Environment, Jackie L. Long-Goding
- Nursing Distance Education, Gina Reiners
- Leadership at Citrus College and the use of Audio Files, Maia Greenwell Cunningham
- Best Practices for Creating a Community of Learners in a Distance
Learning Environment, Mona Pelkey
- In Defense of Uniformity: Can We Bridge the Internal DE Divide? Kimberly Taylor
- Examining the Role of Administrators in Distance Education, Michael A. Caruso
- Developing a Model for More Interesting Distance Education, Lon Smith
- Online University Administration: Impacts on faculty management and course delivery, Jack P. Krichen
- Leading and Administrating a Distance Education Program, Tim Brock
- Developing A Technical Literacy Course For Online Student Success At Roosevelt University, Cheryl Boncuore
- Managing Transitions for Distance Education Students and Distance Education Faculty, Mimi Tschida
- Policy Matters in Distance Learning, Teresa D. Theisen
- Examination of Factors Leading to Student Retention in Online Graduate Education, W. B. Nitsch
- Example of a well-crafted database of resources
- Are Learning Style Preferences of Health Science Students Predictive of Their Attitudes Towards e-Learning?